Join our podiatry team
Do you want to work as a podiatrist in one of the country's leading biomechanics practices?
Do you want to embark on a journey where you develop your skill set and work towards being one of Australia's leading podiatrists yourself?
If so, well here is your opportunity.
About The Biomechanics Lab
The Biomechanics Lab is a podiatry, biomechanics and rehabilitation facility in Adelaide, South Australia. We have a strong case load in orthoapedic rehabilitation, sports medicine, musculoskeletal pain and arthritis management. We are one of the leading gait analysis facilities in Australia, and the only private 3D gait facility in Adelaide. The state-of-the-art 3D Biomechanics laboratories, fully-equipped with Qualisys motion capture technology, instrumented treadmill and in-ground force platforms, provides both research services for industry, as well as clinical services for patients. Clinical podiatry, biomechanics and lower limb strength and conditioning services are also provided onsite, providing a unique ability to research real-world populations.
Overview of Role
As a Podiatrist at The Biomechanics Lab, you will be provided the experience and opportunity to develop your skills whilst consulting across a diverse range of practice. You will work in a busy private practice with a diverse case load, a practice that has strong focus on strength and conditioning, as well as onsite gait labs that contribute to industry R&D and private research. This is a diverse role that mixes clinical practice, innovation and rehabilitation services.
Some of the key and unique opportunities of this role:
- Work within a clinical team managing foot and ankle orthopaedic patients both pre- and post-operative. This includes providing in-patient rehabilitation services across a number of private Adelaide hospitals.
- Work within our onsite gait laboratories providing 3D gait analysis, force analysis and muscle strength testing services.
- Gain experience working in sports medicine across sports such as AFL, cricket, netball, cycling and running.
- Work within a network of specialised services including orthopaedic surgeons, sports doctors, radiologists, physiotherapists, exercise physiologists and strength and conditioning staff.
- Work with ASICS to provide research and wear-testing service on footwear product.
- Contribute to our internal research program by assisting in data collection and processing.
- Be financially supported to develop your skill set, attend conferences and gain clinical expertise relevant to your role.
- Available as both part-time and full-time fractions depending on experience and skillset.
This role is ideally suited to both early stage and mid-career podiatrists who will be well-supported and mentored in the role. We are looking for a podiatrist who wants to be part of our journey, work largely in biomechanics and be trained in the skills they need to succeed in our business long-term. In return for your commitment, you will be provided unrivalled training opportunities, funded to develop your skill set and be introduced to our network of health care providers to assist in expanding your knowledge base.
This role would suit a highly skilled and motivated individual with a passion for biomechanics, orthopaedics and sports podiatry.
Essential skills and qualifications
- An under-graduate degree in Podiatry and current AHPRA registration.
- A desire to specialise in the field of Biomechanics, Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Analytic and decisive thinking with the ability to prioritise, work independently and mange time efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills and a high-level of attention to detail.
- Ability to represent The Biomechanics Lab in a professional manner and handle confidential information.
Desirable skills and qualifications
- A desire to commit to post-graduate education
- Previous biomechanics experience
For a confidential discussion, please contact Dr Chris Bishop PhD at The Biomechanics Lab on (08) 7130 0130.
To apply for the role, please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A copy of your CV (including relevant educational background and work experience and names of two referees)
- A copy of your academic transcript
- A one page cover letter explaining your interest in Podiatry and Biomechanics, the skills you have and why you would be perfect for this role.
Closing date: COB 5pm Monday 2nd March 2020
NOTE: Only exceptional candidates will be contacted for interview.
Dr Chris Bishop (PhD)
Director | The Biomechanics Lab